I love a good beef stroganoff, but these days it’s so hard to find well balanced recipes, gluten-free recipes, or just tasty food. Every other person has a food blog and everyone wants to have their recipe at the top.
While this is true for most, I just really like cooking and sharing. This recipe is a great recipe if you don’t have a lot of time, but want some real good, gluten-free dinner meatballs. This recipe goes really well with a Merlot.
Preparation time: Approximately 50 minuets or less.
Serves: 3-4 People
Ingredients for meatballs:
- 500g/1lb Ground Beef/Mince Meat
- 1 Egg
- ¼-½ Cup Almond Flour
- Pepper to taste
- ½ Tsp Garlic Flakes
- 1 Tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1-2 Tsp Brown Onion Soup
- 1 Tbsp Honey
Ingredients for sauce:
- ½-¾ Sour Cream
- 1 Cup of Lamb or Beef Broth
- 2-3 Cups of Diced Mushrooms
- 1 Cup Sliced Onions
- 1½ Tbsp of Butter or Coconut Oil (Butter tastes better)
- 1 Tsp Cayenne Pepper Powder
- 1 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- ½ Tsp Ginger Powder or Fresh Ginger
- 1 Tbsp Brown Onion Soup
- 1 Tbsp of Gelatin Solution *See notes
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
Ingredients for Gluten-Free SweetCauli Mash:
- 1 Small Cauliflower Head
- 2-3 Sweet Potatoes
- 3-4 Garlic Cloves
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Cup Beef Broth
- ½ Cup Milk
• Cook and Spray
• Extra butter
Instructions/Method for Stroganoff:
- Read through the whole recipe first in order to find the most efficient way for you as an individual to prepare this recipe.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius/350 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare a muffin-pan (Small or Large, depending on your meatball size), by spraying it with cook and spray.
- Combine all the ingredients of the meatballs in a bowl. Mix well. Create 12-16 meatballs, depending on the preferred size of the meatballs. Put each meatball in the muffin-pan. Put the pan into the oven for 10-12 minuets, or until cooked.
- In a pan on a stovetop melt 2 Tbsp of butter and add the mushrooms and onions. Fry/cook until golden brown (5-7 minuets).
- Add the Sour Cream, Broth, Cayenne Pepper Powder, Turmeric Powder, Brown Onion Soup, Gelatin Solution and Ginger.
- Next, add in the butter, salt and pepper and let it simmer on low heat for 10 minuets.
- Add in the cooked meatballs as well as all the tasty bits and sauce inside of the muffin-pan, and let it simmer for another 10-15 minuets on low heat.
- Serve with SweetCauli Mash, for a low carb, gluten-free meal.
Instructions/Method for SweetCauli Mash:
- Cut up all the vegetables and put on stovetop in a rather large pot. Add in water as well as the beef broth, salt and pepper. Cook all this for 25-35 minuets, depending on how much time you have to cook your dinner and the heat of the stove.
- Drain veggies. Mash all the veggies with a fork, or with a hand food processor until almost smooth. Leave some texture.
- Put back on stove top and add butter and milk, while on low heat.
- Add the last bit of salt and pepper to taste.
Add 1 Tsp Gelatin Powder to ¼ cup cold water. Sometimes it doesn’t want to become soluble with cold water, just add some boiling water to the mix. Also you could just substitute this mix with 1 Tsp Xanthan Gum or 1-2 Tsp of Gluten-Free Corn Starch/Tapioca Flour.
This is one of my favorite recipes, because it is low carb and also gluten-free, and it’s perfect when you don’t have a lot of time. Serve with some Merlot and a side salad.